View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
In case you were wondering, it is these kind of remarks (besides the gift stuff others have commented on) that give the sexist wibe. The assumption that if somebody's gonna not want to have sex, it will be the woman; and the basic thing where going on a date or accepting an invitation to spend time together privately with a man means you owe him sex. Yuck.

(I should maybe let this be my last contribution to this thread, since I am too triggered by the sexism to contribute much useful to the actual content. Best of luck.)
Rory, this is not why I said this, and I am sorry if I offended you.

Remember, A issued the invitation first. If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have called. B can call too. Then A can play hot and cold, if he wants to.

And no, you never owe some one sex, ever. But if this is a sexual relationship, and one partner (either the man or the woman) says no a lot of the time, it's not the right relationship, and it should be called off. I know, this is difficult to do when there are children, or a lot of common entanglements, but I was not describing such a relationship.

Last edited by PolyLinguist; 12-07-2012 at 03:28 PM.