View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
No I must NOT admit this. I know plenty of guys, my ex included, who love getting gifts -- that drove me crazy, actually, because he thought that I would like receiving gifts as much as he did, and he was always puzzled as to why I was never much impressed or thrilled or sentimental about such things, and he actually was insulted when I made him a card instead of buying one once. I always look for practicality, and deeds rather than symbols, so I would rather not receive show-offy tokens that are supposed to mean something. He got mad when I gave my wedding dress to a thrift shop, too.

Plenty of women prefer other expressions of affection. You should read the book "The Five Love Languages." There are more ways to express love, affection, and caring than by giving gifts. Everyone has their preferences, but it isn't gender-based.
OK, you win. Personally, I don't give a hoot about gifts, anniversaries and the like. I have to force myself to think of them for others, and I note the pleasure a gift can give them.