View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM

That sounds like a perfectly normal poly date. I don't get why you think it's not realistic?

The only thing I would add is that in a real poly relationship, the two of them would probably ask about each others' other partners. At the very least in the sense of "What new with X? How's her job going?" Other partners are not usually an off-limits subject for discussion.

Having read this thread, I think you just need to get out there and go on some dates. I think you are really overthinking things.

After all, even if you were widowed and back in the dating game after a 30-year marriage, dating would still be different than it was for you 30 years ago. You would not be able to offer the same lifetime-partnership-and-kids even if you were single right now--just because of your age. I assume you are in your 50s or 60s?

So women in your age range, regardless of poly-ness, are not going to be looking for the same thing they were looking for 30 years ago. They will be at a different point in their lives, as are you.