View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatHappened View Post
After a year of being half in this poly world, here's the thing I still don't understand, and maybe you can explain. Judging by the sounds of it, you already have permanence, affection, and love from your wife. Why are you seeking it from a second person? What do you hope to gain by having these things from your wife and another woman? What will it add to your life?
(...)
But I have yet to understand why people decide to deliberately seek out a second relationship when they're married.

I'm just curious about your reasons for doing so.
I want permanence, affection and love from my friendships (although I am more and more aware that permanence isn't always guaranteed, and that living in the moment is sometimes better than wanting things to stay the same forever).
I want more than 1 friendship in my life.
To me, multiple loves means I have friendships with the added bonus of physical connections (and this can range from snuggling, cuddling, kissing, making out, to full on sex).
I want more than 1 of those relationships in my life. And it turns out this is possible, whereas I used to think it wasn't, and now that I know it is possible, I want it!