View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM

If I may slip into my pseudo-intellectual cosplay for a moment: the stratification in the different groups that enjoy Trek or Wars more is interesting because you can end up with a situation where a person is at a con dressed like Spock only to spot another person carrying a lightsaber and say, "Look at that fuckin' geek!"

That aside, if you want to see real unity between the Trekkies and the...Warriors(?) admit to hating both. I cant stand either one and when people hear that you can hear a fucking pin drop in the room. Then someone starts passing out the torches and pitchforks, kinda goes downhill from there.

I've seen most of Star Trek and Star Wars and I just...cant stand either one; Trek is horrendously classist and hypocritical, Wars has a "meh" storyline and truly unlikable characters.

I can usually find shelter with the Browncoats...until they figure out I dont watch Dr. Who and am "meh" on LOTR and then I'm told that I can sleep in the backyard. But I guess the backyard is better than the street XD
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."

Last edited by Helo; 12-06-2012 at 11:01 AM.