PorcupineTree, I appreciate the post.
My wife and I have a pretty open line of communication. We've made it 12 years and it wasn't because everything was always a bed of roses.
The process I decided to follow is:
1. Chronicling all my feelings (negative and postive).
2. Finding non-judgmental support from someone outside the situation.
3. Working through my feelings, with my wife, so I can get a more objective view.
4. Making a decision about whether I can handle an Open Marriage.
5. Then, maintaining my marriage regardless of the decision I make.
The only problem is, I'm not sure how to accomplish all that, yet. Maybe someone can shed some "experience" on how to do that.