Thread: Poly or not?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 04:55 PM

cjj, I can see and feel where your husband is coming from. I am the poly one in our household while my wife and my other woman are both mono. I don't know if you can change how you are, mono vs. poly, just like you can't change gay or straight.....I do know that it presents challenges to have relationships when we are not all equal in mindset, but it can be done and is being done. My wife wanted out of our 25+ year marriage because I was always miserable living and working with her 24/7. Spending a little less time with her, opening up our relationship to a 3rd (a very good long time friend) has made me happier and in many ways her happier. I have no doubt that if all 3 of us were divorced and living alone we'd all 3 be miserable. Maybe we get too tight a strangle hold on our loved ones? I don't know. You don't have to become poly yourself, to exist in a poly life with your husband but you do have to let go a little for it to work. That is tough with jealousies involved, but that's a whole other topic.

Last edited by Mark1npt; 06-08-2009 at 04:57 PM.