View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by persephone View Post
I am wondering what people find acceptable and unacceptable in these situations.
Zero-tolerance isn't "One warning and then goodbye." Zero-tolerance is simply "Goodbye."

For me, it doesn't even have anything to do with my partner or protecting their honour. It's the simple fact that I would not choose to be in a relationship with anyone who trash talks other people, period. That's juvenile and intolerable. It's Mean Girls.

It's also a sign of low self-esteem. People who put others down are usually trying to bolster opinions of themselves. For me, it has the opposite effect.

I've reached a point in my life where I can afford to be extremely picky, and I am. I'm happy with most aspects of my situation, and I don't need to settle for anything less than healthy, well-adjusted, mature adults.

Plus, my partners are all really awesome. Anyone who trash talks them obviously has bad taste. Why would I want to date someone with bad taste? What does that say about me??

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."