View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex47 View Post
Hi, good people!
Hello and welcome!

Sounds like you have a good bit of poly experience under your belt and realize what types of situations/configurations appeal to you.

Your post sounds like you feel that your values are not typical of the "poly community" so I just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone.

Both of my boys are straight and sexually we are pretty vanilla - with the exception of occasional group sex/ threesomes. No BDSM or kink here. Although we are "open" we seem to mainly interact with just us three (so, kind of poly-fi by default). And we definitely have a "long term" view...

We are pretty much agnostic/atheist (but with some interest in "secular Buddhism") and libertarian to boot. We also live in a conservative rural area and discretion is necessary, although our closest friends do know (in general, we are private people, so this group is small). Although we do have interests that you don't share we also don't invest a lot of time/energy in what most of America seems to consider "entertainment" - I, myself, could do without TV/movies/pop music entirely - I'm all about BOOKS.

We don't spend a lot of money (actually have very little interest in material possessions - personally, I am interested in practicing "voluntary simplicity").

I'm sorry that your experience with you most recent "potential" didn't work out . The advice that I think you will see repeated over and over here is to just live your life, pursue activities that you like, and meet and engage with people that pique your interest without expectation and with an open heart. I don't have any advice as to how to "jump start" the process - it took me 19 years to fall in love with a second guy (on the other hand... I wasn't actively "looking" at men )

Good Luck and Great Happiness to you.

JaneQ
SLeW: platonic hetero girlfriend and BFF
MrClean: hetero mono male, almost lover-friend to me, FWBs to SLeW
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe