View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:14 PM

Default Life Goes On

I haven't written in a while, mostly because everything has been going so well. Fly and I have been settling back into our life after our extended vacation and my stints of house/babysitting. Moonlight and I are working on figuring out a schedule that will work for her, I, Fly, and Kiddo so she and I can spend more time together.

Fly and Kiddo came to my family's celebration on Thanksgiving day, which they have never done. Kiddo comes with me occasionally, but Fly is not a big fan of family stuff (he has some baggage from his own relationship with his mother) and has only attended weddings and funerals. It meant a lot to me that he came.

Moonlight's best friend has Thanksgiving on the Friday after, and I was invited. I met her daughter, who is not a big fan of Moonlight's and my relationship. She was polite, smiled and shook my hand, and spent the rest of the evening in the other room. I guess this was as good as could be expected. However, all of Moonlight's other friends were warm and welcoming, and I had a wonderful time. I was informed that I had received the seal of approval from her closest and most important friends, so I was happy and relieved about that.

She's currently in Hawaii, so there has been a lot of texting and long phone calls, and plans to take a long romantic weekend together in January or February.

Punk is in New York for work. We've texted a bit, and are planning a movie date when he gets back in town. I don't mind not having sex with him, but I miss our cuddle-&-tv (food network) nights a lot, and it will be lovely to reconnect.

Life is really, really good.

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 11-year-old son Kiddo