View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
There's anecdotes on either side of the coin...for every story of a poly not being suited to mono, there's a similar story of a mono's not being suited to poly (or the more frequent cheating version that society is somehow more comfortable condoning).
It seems like they often overlap- the poly brings it up with their partner, the mono partner realizes it wouldn't work for them, the poly tries to respect that and at some point ends up cheating. :/

Quote:
I appreciate the options, and the openness...a lot of it appeals to me.
I think the love and family aspects appeal to me more, I've been reading polyfamilies.com, and that's the kind of thing I'd like. Obviously you can't say "I know what I want, now I'm going to find someone(s) who'll make it happen!". My personality, and identity make it unlikely I'll find many suitable partners even if I was a serial monogamist, so it's not a big deal if that never happens. It's more a "it'd be nice if".

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafour View Post
I don't mind white lies. In fact I do think that there are some that are necessary, but anyone lies to me on an important detail, or with intent to hurt me or someone else, and they will get a strong rebuke.
I'm not fully comfortable on white lies, I never got the concept of a harmless little lie. I'm sure they're fine in moderation- but I also think people can spin entire webs of them and turn a few white lies into a larger deception if they aren't careful. I wouldn't be upset at one- but I'd be wary if they showed up too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quath View Post
I have heard of some poly people going monogamous for awhile. For some, poly is an option. For others, it is a must-have. If someone is open enough to love many people, that is poly enough for me.
Thank you.