View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 AM

Gia has been persistently and gently pursuing Dexter, the shy, sweet boy she has a crush on. The pattern has been that she suggests they hook up, he gives some reason it wouldn't be a good idea (mainly related to his criminally low self-esteem), she seeks clarification, rinse and repeat. Well, this afternoon he finally began moving in a different direction, asking her how it would look if something happened between them. Woah!

So happy for her! So freaked out about the ways this could end up being really hard to take!

I could go on for paragraphs about the nuances of my feelings about this development, but I'm trying to focus on it less rather than more at the moment, so I'll simply repeat what I told her: "I'm fine with you hanging out with Dex an unlimited amount of time, I'm fine with you making out with him an unlimited amount of time, and I'm fine with you sleeping with him once. But after that, if you end up making more room for one-on-one time with him than you do with me, or possibly even an equal amount of time, I will be insanely jealous. I'm pretty sure that's where I'm at."

She assured me that she has her priorities in order. I'm torn between going into more detail with her about my needs and my take on this, and not belaboring my point.

Here's how I know I'm dealing with some teenager-level angst about this: Nine Inch Nails is helping my mood.

Last edited by AnnabelMore; 11-27-2012 at 06:14 AM.