View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
As far as my loves go I have the same policy. It works for us. I don't see it as an insecurity as much as respect that they are not thinking about sex right now or they are not ready to hear details, or it's not all that interested, or we don't have time to get into it etc. When any of them want to know then they can ask, or if I feel they need to know some information then I will tell them. I have no problem giving as much detail as someone wants including my feelings and what I think the whole feeling felt like, but that would entirely depend on how many questions I get and what the focus of the topic is about.
The thing is, choosing not to have DADT policy doesn't automatically mean that all things get told all the time. For me the dynamic is just like you describe here. If people want to talk about it, they do. If people don't want to talk about it, they don't. But the foundation of trust and openness is there to build on. Setting up a policy to prescribe how one can and can't talk about these things just doesn't make sense to me.