View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
To me, the thing is that it could have been avoided if, when she first asked "what's wrong" he'd just replied "I can't figure out why my boat won't start."

Frankly, if your partner is quiet and withdrawn all day, ignoring you and obviously deep in thought about something, it's not unreasonable to think something is wrong.

In other words, he said "nothing" when she asked what's wrong. But that wasn't strictly true. There was something wrong, just not in the relationship, so he didn't see the point in talking about it. Instead he kept her guessing.

Stereotypically, when you ask a woman what's wrong, and she says "nothing" but then keeps being sour, it probably means you royally fucked up and she's just waiting for you to figure out what you did. So women can project that thinking pattern on their partners.
But there was also this:

Quote:
He said, 'Nothing.' I asked him if it was my fault that he was upset.

He said he wasn't upset, that it had nothing to do with me, and not to worry about it.
He answered her question. if she wanted to know more, she could have asked additional specific questions instead of letting her imagination go out of control.