Thread: Are You "Out"?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:23 PM

I outed myself to most of my closest family as soon as I *knew*. I'm very close to many of them. They all knew both my men, as I had previously been with each of them mono. But when I tell, it's like i have the coolest toy in world: 'I've got TWO boyfriends!' 'Yes, they both know' 'Yes, they're fine with it.'

My parents did recommend against telling my step-siblings. I'm certain they'd be confused. If it ever gets to the point where I want to bring them both for holiday, I'm thinking I'd tell. But FBF is not big on family holidays, nor on my family. CBF has not told his mom, and there's no reason to. I figure she's not mine to tell. But again, she knows FBF and has had him to dinner, before, when he and I were mono, and when I was mono with CBF. It wouldn't be a huge leap.

I'm not out at work, again, except to three close friends. It's a little challenging, managing my language, remembering that FBF is my friend, and CBF is my 'boyfriend.' When it's so natural to call them both boyfriend. Then again, I feel a little silly saying boyfriend, as that should be the province of teenage girls.

On the one hand, I do feel strongly that it's nobunny's business what anyone does between the sheets, or even what bedroom they might sleep in. On the other hand, when loving someone, I always want to shout it from the rooftops.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)