View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepop View Post
My GF and I have talked about NRE lately and come up with a list of things that we think help us, if this helps you!

- understanding that the other person will likely be having NRE and not to panic... wait until the buzz wears off... and be patient!
- be careful not to needlessly harp on about how wonderful this new person is, just keep it calm and sensible to keep insecurity down
- speak up when the other person is.... basically being a tool high on NRE
- really try to be aware... ask yourself how many hours you've spent jabbering away to New Person this week... more than two a day? calm it!
- spend extra time with each other when we're high on New Person... give extra attention and love
Great list. Good ideas that I can keep handy. I think the fact that my husband is out-of-town for work multiple nights a week, because it'll help me manage NRE displays. I can do the whole infatuation thing when he's gone, so he doesn't have to be exposed to my ridiculousness and when he's home I can make it a point of being truly present with him and make that time about us/him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklepop View Post
Ohh... yeah... I can understand Henn's desire to have you wear his collar... but could understand if hubby didn't want that.

This may or may not work for you. When I have played with join submissives, or unowned submissives who want that symbolism, and a collar is too much, I've given each a token that we've chosen together - an anklet, a bracelet and a velvet choker - to wear during play. They told me that the act of wearing something made them feel more 'owned' and intensified the submissive feeling, without the need for a collar.
I love this idea.