Thread: Double Standard
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Not always. There is a lack of consensus on the specific definition of cuckolding, so your statement is true for some but innaccurate for others.

Within the kink world, cuckolding specifically refers to that behaviour when there's a power exchange, the woman being dominant over her partner, and the partner playing the role of victim in the exchange. The focus in cuckolding is the apparent degradation of her partner and the dominant woman fulfilling her desires at her husband's expense. Within the fetish, the man enjoys this degradation and role-played victimization. As a submissive, it is the humiliation that turns him on, the fact that his partner is [consensually] "forcing" him to watch

Simply being turned on by the thought of your wife with other men is not cuckolding. It's closer to voyeurism. That, in itself, would not be a kink. As a response to poly, it's neither positive or negative, it just is. Same way as jealousy is not inherently positive or negative, although your response to it can have positive and negative associations.
I just wanted to say I'd second that. I'd elaborate but it sums it up pretty well.