View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 05:32 PM

A couple of days later, Gia and Bee went with me to my parents' house for dinner. Not much to report there, it was a perfectly pleasant evening, not awkward at all (I'd been afraid it would be). My sister was absolutely in love with Bee, my parents got along well with Gia, we had good conversations. It meant a great deal to me that she came. I think my parents enjoyed it very much, and Gia also seemed to have a good time.

Afterwards, Gia suggested that we spend an evening together the following week. I was surprised and very, very pleased. All of my longing, and my struggle to accept the status quo, and here she was gracing me with what I needed weeks earlier than I'd thought I'd get it. It did SO much to quell the negative feelings that were still bubbling up for me from the Saturday before.

We've spent some lovely time together since then -- I watched Bee on Thursday, then Gia, Dexter, and I made holiday gifts on Sunday, and then Gia and I hung out while Eric focused on his writing last night. LOADS of time. It's felt wonderful, very fulfilling. Gia mentioned last night that, as a naturally introverted person, its been tough for her, seeing me so much, it eats up all her social energy... but she said that it was worth it, for me. Relationships are work, and this is work she wants to do.

I felt *great* about things last night, really, for lots of reasons. While Eric was out, and Gia and Bee were napping, I did a bunch of cleaning and organizing that I knew Gia had been meaning to get to and that she just couldn't find time for. While I worked, Eric got home, and he thanked me, at some small length, for all the time I've spent with Gia and Bee recently, and how that's allowed him the space to focus on his big project. I felt useful and valued, and like he was letting me see a little more of himself than he normally does.

I was very concerned that Gia would be displeased when she got up -- I hadn't asked first about taking on the task of organizing her stuff, and it could have been seen as invasive, especially since a lot of what I worked on were her art supplies. She was happy, though. She actually said that she was surprised that she wasn't mad, but that I'd done a very sensitive, thoughtful job in how I'd organized things, based on what she'd said she wanted to accomplish.

*sigh* I'm a huge sucker for praise, so getting it from both of them in rapid succession, mmm.

Gia and I also had a short but exciting conversation about sex before I went home. Nothing we're likely to do soon, just ideas, but still...

And tonight is our date!!!! We're going to stop at a shop, then go to dinner, then back to my place. Nervousness and anticipation have driven me to finally take the time to write this all out, instead of, y'know, working.