View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:45 PM

Hi Kevin,

Thank you so much for such a thoughtful response. Sorry about the delay in responding, I was running all over the place this weekend.

I don't think the two are the only relationships styles at all. I've always kind of seen relationship styles as a big continuum, and ever-shifting. But I feel a bit misunderstood by both poly friends and mono friends because I'm am not strictly anything.

And yes, I prefer to keep my relationships light, but that doesnt mean I am not emotionally involved. I am absolutely head over heels for one of the people I am dating, and am incredibly close friends with the other in a way that is better than friendship but not quite romantic love. I just don't feel the need to get into a very intense relationship right now. Probably why I don't date much locally... I really enjoy my solitude most of the time right now.

Thanks for the validation of not needing a label. It is helpful to have some framework to put myself into so other people are more at ease, but I don't feel like I need to constantly put myself in different label boxes. I've really been loving some of the posts by other members here who I think I have a lot in common with in my approach to different relationship styles.

Anyway, thanks for a lovely welcome and a very in-depth response.
A.