View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades36 View Post
One question for all of the White people on here who said that, yes, most of the people they have observed in poly are also White...

How often and deeply do you engage with Black people? Do you attend Black events? Have more than 1 Black friend? Go to Black clubs? Have intimate conversations with more than the 1 Black friend?
-Occasionally.

-What is a "black" event?

-Yes I have a few friends that identify as African decent of some kind or another.

-No. I don't believe there are many race-segregated clubs in my area.

-Occasionally.

I don't go out of my way to mix soscially with people of other cultures, at the same time I don't go out of my way to avoid mixing soscially with folks who come from and identify as a dufferent cultural or racial background.

The singular exception being that I will tend to avoid people who use their anscestory or the wrongdoings of someone elses anscestors as a singular topic of conversation or identity.

Same with people who do the same with gender, sexual orientation, religion, politics, body type, taste in music, cuisine, operating system preference, shoe size or anything else that people will use to create a victim-hood persona (or worse, the reverse victim/worldly accepting/etc) as a center to their identity.