View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 08:32 PM

I understand what you are saying.
I am still amazed that I run into people who are amazed that I am friends with all of my exboyfriends/exgirlfriends.

The last one before I got married-we had a deal when we got together we agreed that we would be together until being together as a couple was no longer having a positive experience on one or the other of us.

So when it became evident that I was moving forward in life and he wasn't-I just said I was moving out-and that was that. We remained friends, he met maca and built a friendship with him as well. That's just the way it has been for me.

Maca on the other hand has never retained a relationship with an ex. He's always been of the understanding that if the romantic relationship fails then the whole relationship is terminated completely and permanently.

Personally I like to handle all of my relationships (romantic or otherwise) by taking into consideration the needs/desires of the relationship itself. There is a natural ebb and flow to all relationships. My three closest friendships (31 yrs, 20 yrs, 17yrs in length) have all gone through moments times we were REALLY REALLY close and times where we were pretty distant as well.

Its just the nature of relationships. (imho)