View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseypoo1 View Post
...Well...i have to share him...and I'M his WIFE. It took us by complete surprise. She has NEVER been jealous. I wonder if its actual jealousy of me? She says no...but where did that come from? How should i take this and how should we handle it if it arises again?
You might gain some insight from reading some old posts from redpepper's mono partner (MonoVCPHG). I seem to recall that he wrote excellent posts about his feelings about being a mono partner to a poly person. Part of it, I think, had to do with the fact that her husband and other established partners were already part of her life when he became involved with her and part of the "package" that he accepted when he elected to pursue a relationship with her, the dynamic of those relationships was already established and he respected those. The threat seemed to come with the idea of potential "new" partners being added to the mix - who were not part of the original package.

I don't know if your husband's "gf" is mono or poly herself but "new" interests represent change and change can be scary...

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe