View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklovely View Post
It's not the feelings involved that I question. It's just that I've never been interested in only one person, and I wonder if polyamory would be a good thing for me. But first, I really want to find a way to talk to my partner.
Talking to your partner is a big step that is likely to rattle your relationship. I'd be dead sure this is something you want to explore before dropping that particular bomb.

Quote:
Any advice on how I could talk to him about the possibility of me being polyamorous without hurting him or worrying him into insecurity?
Short answer, there is virtually nothing you can say that is NOT going to have that effect.

Long answer, I dont know him or his stance on any permutation of a relationship but if he's monogamous and has never entertained the idea of polyamory, the question that is as inevitable as the fucking tides gets brought up; "Why am I not enough?" Having a REALLY good response to that would be a good idea.

Poly is just not something that most mono people really square with; its so outside their normal realm of thinking that its difficult to process.
I am as direct as a T-Rex with 'roid rage and about as subtle. It isn't intended to cause upset, I just prefer to talk plain. There are plenty of other people here who do the nice, polite thing much better than I can. I'm what you'd call a "problem dinner guest."