View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 AM

I'm another that would like an explanation of why the thread was closed. As one of people that replied, I thought we were having a fruitful discussion. I could see moving it to the "fireplace" sub-forum (I don't generally check which sub-forum a post is in since I do my daily reading from the "New Posts" link).

I considered myself poly even when all of my relationships where of the FWB variety (and have one platonic friend that considers herself one of my "poly peeps" even though we have a non-sexual relationship due to the depth of our friendship) - because I was open to these relationships developing in whatever form they needed to. One of these, with MrS, culminated in a marriage 16-years strong and going.

This, I think, ties into the many conversations about "love" that we have here and how poly-type thinking can blur the lines between romantic love, companionate love, etc. Some folks here have "Non-sexual bf/gf" relationships. Lots of us have "more-than" friends, lover-friends, FWBs. The point is that we have loving-"relationships" with these people and are practicing "ethical non-monogamy."

Jane("Your-poly-is-not-my-poly")Q
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe