View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manno View Post
[I]
I recently looked at PolyMatchMaker and a few others, and I came to the realization that in the world of polyonline matchmaking a married man looking for a female companion is like being a jackass in a unicorn safari, as it seems unicorns are all that is being sought after on those sites.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Yeah, the poly-specific sites seem to be lacking in some key fashions.

The best poly-friendly dating site still seems to be OKCupid. I can't say it's a cure-all for poly folk seeking. I can say it has a good number of poly and poly-friendly folk on it. I've encountered a couple of women who weren't poly, yet were interested in some involvement with me had they lived closer, plus there are the currently poly folk on the site who may be interested.

As for the unicorn hunters--that seems to be very common when folks decide they want to try polyamory on for size. That could be why experienced poly folk shy away from the sites, however.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.