Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygirl View Post
Why isn't one person enough?
Do you have more than one friend? If so- why? Isn't one friend enough? Actually, if you have any friends: why isn't your partner enough for you? Why do you need friends when you've got your partner?

I don't put enough distinctions between relationships- I don't see how a friendship is so different from a romantic/sexual relationship. I know they are different, but I don't see why your partner is the only relationship where you're limited to one. People can have many friends, even several best friends, etc- yet having more than one partner is inconceivable. Why does it make sense that one friend isn't enough, but is inconcievable that one partner isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
i am queer and many of my friends are too. many of us have in our youth grappled with the old chestnut "why am i not heterosexual?".
Offtopic, but I never wondered that. I never once wondered why I was asexual, transsexual, or anything else. I more wondered what was wrong with everyone else in the world that they weren't, or assumed that everyone else really was. Ah, youth.

Last edited by StarGazer; 06-07-2009 at 10:46 AM.