View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
I would gently suggest that you could think about reframing that as...

"What kind of partner am I offering to be for this girl when I am an emotional wreck? I need to put my own needs first before I can offer to be a healthy whole person to anybody."
If you still feel that broken over J right now, perhaps your energies are best spent healing self? Don't date.

Or if this is just a first date to help air you out and move away from the previous wacky -- stop putting so much on it. Can't it just be

"I go out on a single date and enjoy it for what it is? A nice time? "
If you mentally load this date up with all the baggage from previous, it points to needing to do more self care first. Try not to project all this anxiety/worry from "the old thing" on to "not even a new thing yet."

YKWIM? Be willing to put YOU first and your healing, health and well being first.

Galagirl

thanks galagirl,

you are right and you always are in my eyes, I will take it slow if she cares she will understand, I need to learn that not everywomen will hurt me, I also need to heal and G is going to try and see J tonight (she doesn't know he is going) I am not sure how it will end, he knows I don't want him to go. :/