Thread: Poly-curious
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to say welcome. I'm guessing you are a woman? (not clear from your post) I am female. I find it interesting how much gender can disappear on line.

I'm glad you found this forum, and that you have a place to get it out. I, myself, am really happy to have this place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfly67 View Post
Is there anyone else out there who has successfully transitioned from a mono to poly relationship, especially with a mono partner?
Is it possible to have poly feelings, but be satisfied in a mono relationship?
There are many stories here about mono-poly transitions and relationships. The search function might be quite useful to you. My story is a bit different, so I don't feel I have much to offer. I do think it can be like being bisexual. I identify as bisexual (I might be pan, but I don't know). I view it as 'I fall in love with people, and I worry about what parts they have later.' I think for me, poly is also like that. I almost had a multiple relationship when I was younger (with two other women). I think I've been open to it; I've just not been with others who were, and I never sought it out.

I'm pretty happy right now, and I suspect should my current arrangement fall apart, I might seek this out in future.

Me: female, bi, (formerly hinge of a vee)
with FirstBoyFriend (FBF)(moderately long-distance)
and no longer with CurrentBoyFriend (CBF)(who lives in the apartment building next door)