View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaGirl View Post
I do not know what is going on over there.

(SNIP)

I know they are taking a break. Why don't YOU take a break? Everyone take a break? Each player off in their own corner to clear their head?

Galagirl
I think it's because she knows deep down that he's already made up his mind and it's not the answer she wants it to be. He's stalling around giving her that answer because he is hoping she will come around to his way of thinking. That would be the easiest thing, logistically speaking, for everyone.

We all know certain things deep down in ourselves, when we are still faced with choices to make externally. If John even felt a shred of possibility toward "a V with Lydia as absolute primary", he would be making sounds to that effect. He would be saying things like, "I really want to do whatever it takes to save our marriage, I just don't know if I'd be able to do it in practice because I love Sarah and don't want to see her hurt." Instead it's all, "I just can't decide, you're rushing me, my needs, my priorities, it's too complicated." Which is all grooovy and shit, but Lydia knows what the answer would be today, and it's the same one it will be next week or in two weeks or in a month, and she wants to get it over with. At the same time, both are holding out for the other one to change their mind.

This reminds me of another group on here from a while back, where the husband was pushing to have the girlfriend be a "co-primary", the wife wasn't having it, and now they are getting a divorce. I don't want to say who it is I'm thinking of, but if Lydia wants to know, I will PM her and tell her which thread(s) to read.