View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Also, you could seek out friends with kids in the poly world too.
As I said, especially YOUNG 0-4 kids and maybe offer to babysit occasionally (aren't we all hard pressed to find GOOD, FUN, LOVING caregivers for our kids so we can get some extra time with our multiple partners?)
Or even an activity, if there is a group discussion and you aren't necessarily interested in the topic that will be going on, maybe offer that you would be willing to watch kids in another room, so polys who did want to participate-but wouldn't be able to because of young kid-could?
I'm working on that now, just making friends in the poly community and seeing who is out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
I apologize if my comment came across as hurtful in any way.
It didn't at all

Quote:
But a lot of dysfunctions that people have as adults stem from things that happened, or didn't happen, as children.
I agree, absolutely, but I cant think of anything in my own life that might trigger this sort of thinking.

Quote:
I recommend you see a psychologist about this. Not just a therapist or counsellor, but a registered clinical psychologist. You say you've looked for scientific explanations, but your description hints that it's more of a psychological issue than a neurochemical issue.
I am considering it but as I said I have some reservations about going to see a therapist because of the potential of it getting around to my work environment in which case it may have seriously negative effects. I work with at-risk and drug addicted teens, mental health issues among staff are taken very seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
What about pets? I could go a long time without people, but without cats, I start to feel like.... you know, I really don't know what it's like to be without cats. They are part of my comfort zone (see other thread about that).

ETA: actually i remember a time when i was without cats for about a month and it was definitely not an experience i want to repeat.
I used to have two cats but I had to move to a new place and couldnt take them with me I love cats and I'd love to have one now but its a little beyond my financial ability right now.