View Single Post
Old 12-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post

don't know if that makes sense, hope so!
I feel pretty much the same way you do about this, dakid. Someone mentioned earlier:

Quote:
Poly is about building relationships - not just friendships with side benefits.
and I find this amusing because "friendships with side benefits" IS a type of relationship! So while it may not "be" polyamory, someone try to explain to me exactly what is so "anti-poly" about it.

EVERYTHING is a "relationship". I have a relationship(s) with my co-workers, my doctors, my friends, my relatives. I hate this "all or nothing" attitude that seems to prevail among "polyamorous" people that I've noticed on this forum: that if you're having sex with someone you're not head-over-heels in looooove with, that somehow it is "not a REAL poly relationship".

And regarding Seventh Crow's signature - yes, it may not "be" poly if you're "just" fucking around; there's a whole range of relationship styles that are sexual but not long-term "partnerships", that are not "just fucking around". To me, "just fucking around" sounds like the stereotypical gay anonymous sex encounters in motels that charge by the hour.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 12-18-2009 at 02:16 PM.