View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 04:57 PM

Update (since I'm really terrible at this stuff and feel like I'm bringing other people down)

I just got back from roughly 10 days with my BF in Canada. Despite the fact it's frickin' freezing there (and only going to be worse), and my BF had to work a good portion of the time I was there.... it was the best 10 days of my life. Mostly. I didn't realize one could live in a completely stress-free, loving existence. His biggest gift to me was an oyster & steak dinner and his biggest joy was just watching me enjoy the oysters (haven't been able to eat them for nearly 10 years...whole other story irrelevant to this one).

The stress would come when my husband would get on me about not messaging/e-mailing him first thing in my morning to tell him what our plans were for the day. He was upset that I'd wait til after the BF went to work for me to talk to him (hubs). I had internet connectivity issues at the beginning part of the week (Tuesday-Thursday) and would have to use my BF's computer (which I spent most of my Thursday upgrading). Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I ended up going to bed in tears and waking up in the morning making sure my BF was happy with me.

I've just taken to the fact that if I'm not with the husband, I'm not allowed to have fun or be my own person and I shouldn't bother trying because it will *always* be seen as a slight. Which, I'm sure it is.

So, that's the best update I have.