Thread: Disabled Folks
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberRain View Post
It could be this thread.

I am one of the invisibly disabled. ... Sometimes I limp, and I walk slowly (and not far); but pretty much, you cannot see any of my disability when you look at me.

When a normal person has an injury, they have pain, they take meds, they wait, they might do physical therapy; but they eventually get better. There is no getting better for what I have. There are good days and bad, and it's very difficult for people who don't have chronic pain to understand.

I tell people early, because I don't see any point in hiding it. If you can't deal, I'd just as soon you go before I get attached.

And to end on a cheery note, sex makes endorphins, endorphins ease the pain. And I'm incredibly flexible.
I think it should be this thread. :-) I'm also one of invisibly disabled - to the point where strangers have commented when they see me get out of my car when I park in a disabled spot. I have a chronic immune system condition called Systemic Lupus (SLE) in my spine as well as Fibromyalgia. I've had days where I was passed by an 80 year old woman who was using a walker. On the other hand, I have more good days than bad days. I have learned to live with my conditions and to thrive - I have a career that I love, a degree and an advanced professional designation. Oh, and I also have Bell's Palsy which has resulted in two years of very slow, and still not complete, recovery from partial facial paralysis.

My partners have all been "normal" and while some have left because, in part, they couldn't handle the bad days that I do have or the ramifications of my incurable condition, and some relationships have ended before they even started - it's a part of me and there isn't anything I can do to change it. It isn't easy and I'm always looking for advice on how to better educate people and remind them that just because someone has a disability it doesn't mean they are worth less.

And yes, sex can make some serious endorphins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nondy2 View Post
I think I'm just less interested in (?) sex than she is and don't see life through a sexual lens...
On another note, I wonder if this is how my metamour J sees me.... I call her the "pretty lady" and she calls me the "sexy lady"