View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 07:15 PM

I'm feeling like I'm out of sync with everything around me lately. I've been all consumed by work and getting ready for a big review by an outside agency next week. It's left me with not a lot to give in any other aspect of my life. I feel that my relationships are suffering for it (and my job on for my derby team isn't exactly going swimmingly either). I've not been doing any kind of a good job of being present. I'm all wrapped up in things that aren't even that important (to me) in the long run. Sure it's all important to the organization, but to me personally, it doesn't really matter at all. My job will continue in pretty much the same way regardless of the outcome of this review.

I hate feeling like I'm all used up when I get home from work. Work shouldn't be taking everything I have. I keep thinking it will let up but I don't know that it will unless I make the concious desision not to let it take over my life. I think if I keep saying that I can take on more and more at work that it will leave less and less of me for what's really important.

Bah it's hard being a grownup sometimes!