View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:40 PM

Thank you for responding. Of course, none of it is what I want to hear, but life isn't about what I want to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneintherain View Post
I'll respond just because I hate to see no responses!

You mean that fight that was a discussion, that he decided to label a fight so you could feel bad for having a fight instead feeling good that you were trying to discuss what was going on so you could be clear about what is going on?
I mean the fight in which he told me about the girl he had been sexual with and waited two months to tell me. I feel like my reaction was the right one but I wanted to make sure if that makes sense.

We got around to talking about it again last night. I prefaced by saying that I didn't want it to turn into a fight. I just wanted to calmly discuss everything. Turns out he has felt terrible ever since that initial fight and hasn't been able to shake it. He had gotten caught up in the euphoria of everything without thinking about the consequences. Not a justification of his behavior, but an honest response which I'll take. When we had that fight, I pointed out that what he did wasn't only wrong to me, but to everyone he's involved with. He's decided that he's better off single right now while he works on himself so he's ending all of his relationships, including ours. Something like this is always sad, but it's for the best. We're going to remain friends because we don't want to lose each other. We agreed that we're still important to each other. I'm not closing the door on us romantically because once he's in a better place, I think we still have a chance if we both want it. I'm not waiting around for him either though. If I meet someone else, I meet someone else and I'm not going to have him be a reason to stop me from finding that happiness.

I don't regret any of it either. Because of everything that has happened, I have had my eyes opened to a lifestyle that I find beautiful. I don't post on here much but I visit often. I've read so much, I respect the paths you all have chosen, and I wish everyone well. I don't think I would have done that without falling for him.