View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 AM

Thumbs up

All of your responses are really appreciated and wonderful. Thank you.

@Nycindie: Thank you for the warm welcome! I lurk here often because I really enjoy reading all of the stories, posts, advice, and anecdotes that you folk offer up to each other. I'm often silent because I'm not practicing so i don't really feel like I have a lot to contribute. I really appreciate what you're saying. For many practical reasons monogamy works really well for me, despite the yearnings of my heart to expand and explore and experience more. We've agreed that this works right now but that could change and we could find ourselves opening up again. I just want to make sure that we're doing it for the right reasons and in the right season, you know? But, again, a heartfelt thank you for your kind words and encouragement!

@GalaGirl: Yes, I just wanted to hear from other people who were making the same choice. Sometimes it feels like my "dark passenger", as Dexter Morgan would say. I'm always aware of the fact that, for whatever reason, the oxytocin and vasopressin in my brain work a little differently than most folks; I can start forming bonds with women really quickly, without any sexual connection, and so I tend to be really careful about how close I get to them. I have a lot of great female friends who understand and appreciate who I am; PLove is great and has repeatedly encouraged me to explore my polyamorous nature. Right now, though, I think the fantasy is enough. Thank you for your kindness and warmth.