Thread: GreenMom's Blog
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 12:22 AM

Ugh, pay no mind to those people who say that women shouldn't ask men out (I've been doing it for 30+ years and have never been struck by lightning because of it), nor the ones who say he isn't interested because he wants to wait a week for whatever reason. Those are mono-oriented people, I assume? They are thinking that these things are what you should do to nab a One and Only Lifelong Partner for yourself. People like that, who perhaps get their relationship advice from magazine quizzes and self-help books, just don't know how to think out of the box. They are the ones who are always looking for the right formula and strategizing about things like how many days one should wait to call somebody, and so on -- they drive me nuts!!! I mean, if you aren't sure whether a guy is interested, you can just ask him, or say, "You can let me know if you're really not interested and I'll stop calling." No, you shouldn't have to pull teeth to get a date, but you don't have to live by "The Rules" and formulas, either! I was recently told by a friend that I should stop going out with guys who are broke, because a woman should never have to pay for her own dinner. I said, "But why should I deny myself the pleasure of a really great guy's company just because he has no money?" Her answer: "It's just not right." Bleeccchhh!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 10-21-2012 at 12:26 AM.