View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:28 PM

There are a million reasons why Terry could have shut down. It's possible she doesn't even know what happened and why she reacted that way. I don't recommend getting involved, other than supporting your wife and encouraging her to have a talk with Terry. This is new for everyone, and they need to go through things in their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy View Post
I am curious as to if they had a discussion about their relationship...my fear is that if I ask, PK may think I'm trying to ask to see how can I help...i.e. give advise on how to proceed. But that's not the case, I just want to know if they talked and what was the outcome...if they did.
I've learned that mere curiosity is not a very good reason to go prying into people's business, even when that person is your spouse. It depends on the person, of course. I, myself, don't mind when people are curious about my life and I'm happy to answer questions and educate the curious... Mainly because I'm a curious person, so I understand where they're coming from. But I've had to learn to respect others' privacy and constrain my curiosity to Google.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."