Thread: 3 Question...
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenPorcupine View Post
Quote:
How and when does it stop becoming friendship to relationship without sex being involved?
This is something I've been... not "struggling" with, but pondering on. On the other hand, I don't think any classification exactly fits the intricacies that come about when two people relate
This is also a bit of a recent issue for me. My b/f and I broke up earlier this summer and just lately I've been ready to maybe start seeing someone else. But I'm finding it difficult. My relationship with my b/f developed over time - we were friends for many years and then segued into a closer relationship and finally became lovers. It wasn't something we necessarily sought from each other from the beginning. However, meeting people now - I've met up with a few men from a dating site - you know going into it that you're looking for a "relationship" - more than just and friendship and including sex at some point (but not right away). I'm still feeling a sense of forced artificiality to the encounters. And I'm finding a lot of guys who want to jump right into the "let's have sex" part ... and that's just not what I'm looking for.

I really enjoyed my last relationship - and I think I'm struggling with how to find that again. W/out, of course, being so silly as to compare current to past.

I dunno. That didn't really answer your question, but there you have my perspective for what it's worth.

I dunno.