View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haruki View Post
That's the true definition of a unicorn... I don't know how YOU ALL came to understand that a unicorn is a gender-specific thing in an a-typical relationship structure.
Ah, christ, man. You enter a new community and stumble on the jargon and then bitch that a specialized term is bad because you don't understand it...really?

Quote:
Also, this is on topic because I say it is... which is the validation most of these posts have had; oh and hey! the mods were even nice enough to tag this as a discussion towards the definition of a unicorn! I sure hope I posted enough images to define fully what a unicorn is.
Well, I'm thinking you just engaged in a bit of trolling. That's not a good thing. I found it amusing, however, and an argument can be made for letting it slide.

See, just because you don't understand the jargon doesn't make it bad and doesn't mean you can pitch a tantrum about it with impunity.

Quote:
God, how much of an idiot was the OP, thinking that he might be a unicorn...
And you seem to be the only person who thought that. The rest of us don't expect new folk to understand all of the jargon immediately. I certainly didn't think you an idiot for not using the term correctly.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.