View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 AM

Alright. Sounds like you know some of what feeds your soul then and what those soul practices are. See? That's something! Some folks do not know.

Is there a way to arrange time to do these things then so you can commune and do what you gotta do to refill that soul bucket and do some faith tending there?

Is any of those things, things you can share with the young man in question? Your lady? Photography? Perhaps photos of the things you love? Your hunting and animals and so on? I don't know if it could help but there's a book for caregivers called "Creating Moments of Joy." I told my GMIL I was pregnant a zillion times. She always forgot because of her alzheimer. So I'd just tell her again and she'd beam like it was christmas morning or something. My dad faces mental illness now so... even though not the same thing exactly perhaps checking that out of the library could help you create moments of joy for self or your people? I'm sure their spiritual healths could use some uplift. I don't know if there's resources books like that created for lymphoma.

I've done 5Ks for patients before -- I don't know if that's a doable in your world and if that would create a moment.

Crying is ok -- it's just another expression of emotion. So if you sense a floodgate thing in there somewhere and aren't yet ready to open it -- maybe create the time/space to approach that so you can open it on purpose and let it flow on through? I like doing that when it's time for release. I know I have to steam valve or else I risk popping at inappropriate times Bottling up is not option. But waiting to get to the right time/place of my choosing -- that helps me to bear it til I get there. Then I get there and just let it rip!

My! DH is so used to me there he doesn't bother with dainty things like kleenex. I've sobbed all over the man -- he calmly just gives me the shirt off his back sometimes because it's a much bigger hankie. Well, after nearly 20 years of living there's been those moments shared -- births, deaths, illness, what have you. I am glad you continue your relationship with you Dad in mind, heart and soul even if he's not long with you in body. I have a few of those myself.

I'm going to bed and I'll sleep on it and see if anything pops up.

Did you need stories? That's another spiritual practice too -- the spirit buddy thing and exchange of experiences in similar vein to aid someone else facing the thing NOW.

Is there something you want to know about in particular?

I know I'm fishing in dark waters there a bit because I don't know you very well. But I figure if it helps, it helps. If it doesn't, well... it's still something?

Glad to know it helps you somewhat. Thank you for the feedback. And you are welcome -- this business of being so very Human is sometimes a very bewildering Experience.

hugs,
GG

Last edited by GalaGirl; 10-17-2012 at 06:34 AM.