View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:51 AM

Great article! I enjoyed reading it. I'm more out now than I ever have been; I am married and started dating my partner about 1.5 years ago. At first, I was very hesitant about being out about that (I have a child with my husband, which was the main reason for my fears) but have grown less concerned over time. (Much to my somewhat-conservative landlord's consternation at my birthday party, I think! He's now not really speaking to me after seeing me kiss my partner.)

I also don't subscribe to the idea of hierarchial poly, and it feels bad for me to deny my partner's importance to me or repress my feelings about him because of what others may think.

On the other hand, I've been irked (mostly earlier on in our relationship) of my partner not wanting to appear "too couple-y" with me, in case it scared off other (single) people who might be interested in him...I don't think that's been much of an issue lately, but it's still a bit difficult to consider. I'm wondering if this is/has been an issue for anyone else?