View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
You're not a unicorn. Unicorns are female.

Also, unicorn hunters are never a pair of gay women searching for a man, or a pair of gay men searching for a female. It is always a male-female couple searching for a bisexual female for the purpose of creating a fmf polyfidelitous triad.
(bold mine)

Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
so I invited you to search around and do some more reading. <snip> I was telling you that it typically is applied to bisexual women in this context.
C'mon, BG, be fair and don't try to backpedal. You didn't originally say anything about "typical". You used absolute statements that were in no way designed to be anything other than a "wake-up" slap in the face. Nor was there ANY invitation to search around the forums. Language, especially around here, is fluid, and it can take TONS of discussion to reach agreed-upon meanings, so lighten up and don't react so strongly to the OP's response, if you don't care what they call themselves.

ETA: Also, perhaps this is my sexism coloring how I "hear" your post (although I think it's as much knowledge of you usual posting style), but, "Maybe you should go get a vagina if it's that important to you." reads as VERY negative and dismissive to me. Hopefully not what you intended.
Pan Female, Hinge in a V between my mono (straight) husband, Monochrome and my poly (pan) partner, ThatGuyInBlack

Last edited by ThatGirlInGray; 10-15-2012 at 11:23 PM.