Originally Posted by AggieSez
Thanks for the many thoughtful responses to this thread.
If you're solo (or maybe just consider yourself "single") and are or have been involved in poly/open relationships as a solo/single person:
- How out are you about being poly/open? In what contexts?
- Why are you out (or not)?
- What issues have you encountered regarding how out your significant relationship partners are/have been -- especially if you've been involved with people who do have a primary partner?
Disclaimer: I am new to all of this, but am willing to share my experience so far.
- I am out to some of my close friends and a couple of colleagues who are close friends. I've also told my sisters, but not my parents or any ther family members. That's unlikely to change.
- No issues so far with my boyfriend (who has a primary partner). I imagine as time goes on, it will become more difficult to not be part of all of his life, but I guess we'll figure that out as we go.