View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenjaguar View Post
I think that level of condescension is uncalled-for.
I'm trying to be nice, actually. You've posted so much that indicates you have no understanding of polyamory. What first got my attention was the notion that there is some sort of natural progression to triads. I suspect that's a projection of your fantasies, because in the real world of polyfolk that's a laughable contention. There's no natural progression to any specific arrangement--and to offer that up as serious advice shows either extreme cluelessness or simple malice.

To this point, I suspect simple lack of experience and cluelessness instead of active trollery. I figure the responses of experienced users will warn other newbies about the bad advice and am responding to that end.

NOTE: If this tangent continues, we'll have to break it out into a new thread. We're highjacking the OP's discussion.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.