View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 AM

I'm so, so sorry you're having to go through this. I just wanted clarification on something for myself, if you don't mind:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylerSquirrel View Post
He lives with his parents so I have been less concerned than I otherwise would be, because I figured his parents would put a stop to any abusive behavior.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylerSquirrel View Post
The other reason I am concerned about him being around my kid is that his father was physically and emotionally abusive to him as a child (something no one in his family will admit but the things they have described are abusive). Abuse tends to perpetuate itself through generations.
Ummm...whuck? Am I misreading this? Or is the father who was physically and emotionally abusive to his own son now one of the people helping watch your child? Hopefully there is a piece I'm missing, but if his dad didn't recognize the abusive behaviors as something to stop back then, and his mom didn't do anything to stop abusive behavior back then, why on earth do you think they'd do anything now?

I'm not trying to take away from the rest of what's going on, but this jumped out as a potential red flag that hadn't yet been addressed.