View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenjaguar View Post
An honest conversation is a must with every involved, except maybe current bf is he's soon to be out of the picture.
I have to say that's one of the dumbest things I've seen posted here in a bit. The bf deserves every bit of respect every else does. There's absolutely no good reason to not communicate with him openly and honestly. Polyamory is an ethical approach to multiple relationships--even those that may be ending soon.

I have to say that, in your short time of posting here, Stevenjaguar, you've posted some "advice" that I can't imagine being useful to anybody new to polyamory. I'll recommend that you spend a lot more time reading here to offset your obvious lack of experience, as I don't think you're being very helpful.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.