View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
I am assuming those weekends are the school field trips she talks about. I know when Runic Wolf was in school one of his courses required 30 hours a week in the lab and it was only going to get worse if he stayed in school.
She said "field trips together and weekends away." If it were me, I would have said "Field trips together, which are often in the form of weekends away." The way she said it suggested that "weekends away" were IN ADDITION to "field trips together". OP, please clarify for us what you meant by this.

I have a degree in a field that required lots of lab work and spending time with class-mates and lab-partners while I was in college. I made "deep connections" with some of the people i met that way. However, I don't recall being REQUIRED to spend long, intense periods of time with any one particular person. I remember my lab partner and I hanging out together a lot, during meals and between classes, for examples. This person had a family and their spouse was working a full-time job to support the family while they were in school. They ALWAYS managed to make time to spend with their family. I was even included during some of those occasions. But my point is, it is the OP's partner's CHOICE to spend so much time with this one person, whether they "have to" see each other for school or not.

The fact that the OP's partner keeps REMINDING her that he "may not always be in love with" her is a red (orange?) flag to me. She's investing a lot of time, energy, and money in making it possible for him to get his education, and he can just walk away when he's finished and there will be nothing she can do to get a return on her "investment" because they are not married.

Last edited by BoringGuy; 10-07-2012 at 05:44 PM.