View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:00 AM

MC and I have been together for almost 15 years, as we've definitely changed the "rules" many times. We started in college with just make-out sessions and only if the other wasn't there (studying, at work, out of town, whatever). It wasn't until this year that he became comfortable enough with the idea of me having PiV sex with TGIB to change that rule, and there have been tons of baby step changes along the way.

A few things that stand out to me as things that have stayed the same are, we've always been honest with each other about what we wanted and what we weren't comfortable with, even when those two things didn't line up, we've always been willing to listen, consider, and give things time, and we've always been willing to give each other the benefit of the doubt and forgive when, in our human-ness, a boundary was at least pushed, and once in a while even stepped over a little. We both have the ability to say, "I understand why that happened but I don't like it. I don't think you were trying to hurt me on purpose, but please make an extra effort from now on not to let it happen again." Those things now extend to my relationship with TGIB as well. There haven't been nearly as many rule changes with TGIB, but it's only been a year and at the moment he's not dating anyone besides me, so there haven't been many negotiations necessary (yet).

Last edited by ThatGirlInGray; 10-07-2012 at 12:03 AM.