View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM

Default Situation Update

Things seem to be going well.

First, my friend's situation:
He did briefly attempt to continue the abuse by filing a restraining order against her, claiming that she deliberately lured him into communicating with her and then called the cops, and that this is a form of harassment. The court actually granted the restraining order. Literally 5 minutes after it was granted, he called her but she didn't answer. I suspect his genius idea was to "trick" her into talking to him so he could call the cops with his new restraining order. But since she hadn't even been notified yet, it wouldn't have mattered, never mind the fact that it was him calling her. When she reported his phone call to the police, he claimed it was a pocket dial... Obviously bullshit, but no way to prove it. There have been no encounters since then.
She has another friend who's been staying with her and helping her a lot.

Second, the situation between my husband and my friend:
The got together once and fooled around (no intercourse) and there were no negative consequences. He's gone over as a friend a few times since, but he hasn't been in the mood for more than hanging out.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."